victorious convention






im back! victoria was a fucking blast, thanks to all our friends and rad clients i met and tattood along the way. the convention was BANANAS, way busier then i or anyone reckoned, and super fun with a hilarious victorian eclectic crowd. tattood my balls off, networked, generally did my best to kill it. got an awesome sign painted by the super talented and rad chris dobell, on way short notice to boot. tattooing in a convention is a veritable meat market, and everyone goes a little tattoo-crazy. its not for everyone certainly, but i fucking love it. really contagious vibes i think. my homie jonny murdoch and i (who shared a 40 foot long giant ass both) made a good combination i think, with him doing working almost consistently on big custom pieces, and me smashing out flash, lettering, and my hybrid mix of bowery-ish kinda colorful funny shit that i love. my lovely girl savvy and our mutual super-homie rude girl KILLED the front end of the booth, taking appointments, cash, business, and everything else that could possibly be killed. that literally made the convention for me, thanks again gals. also, big ups to nomi chi @ the fall tattooing who did some super neat tattoos on the both of em. my dude ryan gagne blessed a couple people with his ultra bold style traditional tattoos, and it was a blast showing him and his wife around in the short time he wasnt working his ass off. hes a machine that guy.
i return with a head full of ideas and creativity, with a renewed and rejuvenated drive to tattoo even harder and better than ever. i love my job and i feel so lucky to get to tattoo people. its the biggest honor i can imagine and im grateful. awhile ago, a man i look up to greatly, and in my mind is the archetype of a O.G. tattoo artist told me, "if you be good to tattooing, tattooing will be good to you".
this couldnt be truer, and i when i give apply myself to it, completely, i see the benefits more and more. anyway enough waxing poetic, im blogging it out too much over here.
gotta keep painting, tattooing, creating, got alot to do.
ill be doing a guestspot at government st. tattooing in victoria in the summer. fuck im beside myself with happiness, honor, and humility. im stoked ive been invited and realize the richness of the learning in my experience there.
im out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment