the barry pepper of this rap game






with things winding down at black rose, it was super fun and a big honor to kick it, have a laugh, and tattoo my original mentor Van Potvin. Van took a big chance and even put his reputation on the line by apprenticing me a few years ago. even against the arguments of other tattooers, who naturally are an old-school and protective bunch, always wary of bringing a stranger into the fold. and one cant blame them/us, with the amount of hacks,kitchen scratchers, and generally mediocre tattoo "artists" out there. anyway i still feel i know fuck all about tattooing, let me be clear. and the little i do know has told me nothing but the fact that i have alot to learn. but!, i will always pay homage to tattooing, and try to give it my all so the people that brought me in will always be proud of their decision to do so... im grateful to van, for bringing me into all this, and giving me the opportunity to learn and grow in the tattoo world. i love tattooing so much, and feel so honored and lucky to do it for a living, and i dont know what the hell id be doing otherwise. anyway thats the thing, with van, all stoked to tattoo him today! im really gonna miss working with him
also did a fun kinda frog guy on my homie colby, great dude.
also, ive been really stoked and inspired by a few stockholm guys which i think ive mentioned before. their whipshading shit is off the hook and blowing me mind. im full on giving it my all. peep this guys flickr-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruceroos/

0 comments:

Post a Comment